Shares of Western Digital Corp. (WDC) dropped 0.21% to $43.60 during a challenging trading session for the stock market. The decline came as both the S&P 500 Index and Dow Jones Industrial Average experienced losses of 1.22% and 0.83% respectively. This marked the end of a two-day winning streak for Western Digital Corp.
While the stock faced setbacks, it still outperformed some of its competitors. Seagate Technology Holdings PLC (STX) saw a decline of 0.78% to $63.75, while NetApp Inc. (NTAP) experienced a 1.06% drop to $77.72. The trading volume for Western Digital Corp. also exceeded its 50-day average volume, reaching 4.5 million compared to the average of 3.3 million.
Western Digital Corp. closed $2.73 below its 52-week high of $46.33, a milestone achieved on September 5th. Despite this decline, it is important to note the company’s relative performance compared to its competitors.
– Western Digital Corp. (WDC): A company specializing in data storage technology and solutions.
– S&P 500 Index (SPX): A stock market index that measures the performance of 500 large companies listed on stock exchanges in the United States.
– Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA): A stock market index tracking the share prices of 30 large, publicly owned companies in the United States.
– Seagate Technology Holdings PLC (STX): A company that specializes in data storage solutions.
– NetApp Inc. (NTAP): A company providing data management and storage products and services.
– Automated Insights
– Dow Jones